Social Media Hiatus on Ramadhan

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

[written on 25/3/21]

I've been wanting doing this since a long time ago but it's always on and off. For the past few months, a lot of things happened and sometimes it's very suffocating for me to endure. I tried to get off social media by distracting myself, surprisingly it works to help make me feel better and be more productive! However, it didn't last long because I will always go back. The longest I managed to resist is 1 week, I guess? So since Ramadhan is approaching, I wanted to make the most out of it to do things I really want to do. I'll update my Ramadhan here instead of on social media and post it on 1st Syawal. So for these few days till Ramadhan, I will still be on social media at limited time. I hope this will work, because what I love the most are reading, writing and to be productive in life :)

WEEK 1 & 2 [written on 23/4/21]
So first week on Ramadhan, my plan failed, I can't stop scrolling because of FOMO and I always love to tweet. Besides on week 2 I got my period, so I can't read Al-Quran thus I spend most of my time scrolling. My terrible period pain also made me lied down and scroll. From Twitter to FB to IG and then now to Tiktok also. The thing is a lot of scrolling made me felt so tired. It drained my energy and made my eyes tired. Nevertheless, I still keep scrolling. In March and April, I haven't read much also because of this. Now I can fast already, so I'm motivated to do this.

However, we can't give up okay! So I Googled on How to Stop Endless Scrolling on Social Media and below are some times that I found.

  • Set Social Media Time - This one I always tried but failed. This time I want to go a little bit extreme which is can online on weekend only.
  • Delete apps - I can't do this!!! I will opt for log out from all account only
  • Don't Sleep with your phone - I sleep with my phone I just need to put it aside once I got in my bed
  • Turn off Notification - I'm sure this will work!
  • Keep your phone out of sight - I will on working days, since now I have Tablet and Kindle already.

So let's do our best for week 3!!!

WEEK 3 [written on 2/5/21]
My goals are:

  • To complete Al Quran as much as I can this weekend - completed 40%
  • Finish Google Digital Marketing certificate - completed all courses, only left final exam
  • Do planner for May - DONE!!! 
  • Start spring cleaning - I cleaned my room and started vacuuming the whole house
For week 3, I uninstalled social media but still look at it on browser. It does help in reducing screen time. Overall I did okay but I have the feelings I should do more! I'm proud of myself for spending 1 hour plus per day to read Quran. Little did I know getting to understand Quran made me love it even more. 

I still need improvement in:
Waking up early at 4am - must sleep latest at 11pm
Procrastinating - get things done ASAP
To read and understand Quran more - I improved a lot since last year but still want it to be better and much better
Reduce time on social media - already reduced a lot but must reduce more

    WEEK 4 [written on 19/5/21]
    My goals are:
    • To focus on reading understand Al Quran - done by 50%
    • To start reading books - not done because work quite demanding
    As for social media, uninstalled everything so that reduce my screen time a lot.
    I start wake up early at 4-5am for tahajjud. Although I'm so sleepy because I work in the morning, I tried to wake up half an hour before sahur.

    WEEK 5 [written on 19/5/21]
    On this week I start taking 9 days leave in total to focus on final days of Ramadhan. So my goals are:
    • Focus on finding Lailatul Qadar, reading & understanding Al Quran
    • Fulfil all the unfinished list
    For the last 10 days, I managed to wake up early for tahajjud and read Al-Quran in the morning. I did some spring clean too. I'm only able to finish 70% of the Al-Quran but I think it is quite a lot more than last year. I'm grateful that I took long leave to spend time for ibadah.

    Overall, this Ramadhan is second best than 2019, almost close to that best, but it's best in terms of spending Ramadhan at home.

    I hope after Ramadhan, I will be consistently do ibadah like I did in Ramadhan. 

    Anyway salam Syawal and stay safe :) Covid cases has reached 6k today, the highest so far. Take care everyone!

    Till then,
    Adlina.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment