My interview experiences part 2 - For people with experiences

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

So here come part 2 of my interview experiences after 3 years of working. You can read part 1 here. I separated these two posts because I think interviews for fresh grads and experienced people are quite different. 

After some time of working, I believe it's time for me to advance in my career to gain more knowledge and grow. I started applying jobs on LinkedIn and Jobstreet everyday. Around 3 weeks later, I receive few numbers of call, and 2 arranged online interviews for me.

  1. Order management Officer - Company L - FAILED
    This company a large MNC company specialized in chemical products. When I applied for this job, I knew it is an extended version of my current job. My current job now specialized in order processing and complaint management. The systems we are using are also the same. However, the job I was applying required a lot of documentation because they dealt with import and export while now my clients are local clients. I think I didn't get the job because they wanted someone who have experiences dealing with these documents. Also maybe I was not convincing enough I can handle the documents.

  2. Telesales/Telemarketer - Company H again - PASSED
    After more than 2 years leaving company H, suddenly I receive a call from this company for this position. I applied because the job description was similar to mine but need additional task which are doing sales. The keyword here was sales as the KPI will focus on sales. The interview was very good, it was a two way communication and I really enjoyed it. I just hope the company believes I can do telesales and hire me.

    And alhamdulillah right after I finish writing this post they called me to tell that I succeeded!!
From these two experiences, I notice the pattern for interviews questions for experienced people are pretty similar:         
  1. Firstly they will ask you to introduce yourself and explained about your current job.
  2. Then, the interviewers will ask why you want apply for this job and you need to know the reasons to shift from your current job to next one (growth, learn new skills and etc) 
  3. Ask questions that will lead to 2 ways communication - I ask same questions during both interviews which are: describe the team I'll be working with and how they handle Covid19 crisis.
  4. The interviews are mostly discussion on how you can contribute for the job you're applying with the experience that you have. You have to know how to relate these two well for them to trust you can do well for this position.
  5. For interviews with fresh grads they will ask more on yourself and accomplishment in university but now they wil ask what you can do with the skills your have gained from your experiences.
  6. Lastly, doa and tawakal because you have do the best. Whether you get this job or not, you already have your work now and you can always try again :)
Hope this will help and all the best to us! I'll be starting my new job end of July, please pray for me!

Read part 1 here

Till then, 
Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment