3 months as a salesgirl

Assalamulaikum and Hi,

Today marked the 3rd month I've started my career in telesales. I just want to write here so that one day when I read back I'll remember the journey I've been through in my early days. Or maybe when I feel lost in my career I'll find this and gain my strength back.

As a girl from customer service, being in sales is totally new thing. In my previous job, I have to RECEIVE CALLS and PUT IN the orders I received and solved certain issues. Now, I have to MAKE CALLS, FIND orders aka SALES and solve whatever issues related to that.

And it's not easy though. Someone said to me that only 30% people are talented while the 70% are successful because of their efforts. And I'm 100% I'm not from the former.

Some of the things I learned for the past 3 months in telesales are;

Make the calls

The first important thing is making calls. It's the first step to communicate with your customers that you've never met. Like my boss usually said, your call is like you visiting them but virtually, so to make them remember you and your company is by making call. Recently I read a book about cold calling techniques, it also stated that the way to make more sales is my making more calls. There's one time, I called a client just right before he stocked up. If I didn't make the call at that time, I might lose my client because he could go to other supplier.

Building rapport

Relationships with customers are the most important especially when you are only dealing with them online. You don't know how their places looked like, what they are feeling at that time so connecting with them online are crucial. I also learn about the term probing with customers to get to know more about them. Always follow up with them to initiate conversations with them to gain details.

For this part I still need to improve in a lot of things by learning from my seniors and superiors. 

Strategy and planning

Besides those two, this part is the most important two. In my first month, I just go through all the customer list without analysing any data. Over time, I started to learn about purchasing pattern and that's when sales started to kicking in. I learned all these through training with my superiors using Excel. And it always amazed me on how these things work. Also build and keep database of your customers.

Focus, discipline and be matured

Personally, as for myself, these are the things I've learned. I once lose focus and lack in discipline in making calls, that's the point where my sales starting to slow down. When I managed to control all these back, my sales started to grow again. As for being matured is on how I carry myself. I should be confidence, brave and wiser so that people. That way, I will trust myself first before anyone else did.

Have good attitude

Good attitude will always bring you somewhere so do practice having one. Sooner or later it will. 

Never ever give up

There were times when I really really really wanted to give up. Like I really did. But I told myself, just make another call, just send another message and just plan again.

I always believe great things will happened just before or when you're at the verge of giving up. Don't give up yet because you're just near to closing the deal.

After 3 months of hustle, a girl with no sales experience like me eventually finally reached the target which qualify me to receive commission.

I didn't put money first but the joy learning new skills and gaining knowledge. Money comes after that. I think I have passion in this field and trust the products I'm selling.

Another point to add on is to find a good mentor. I've found them and that's where I learned the points I've shared above.

And this is just not the ending but only the beginning. 

Let's strive harder, be better and help more people 💪

Till then,

Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment