2021: October without tragedy

 Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Time flew so fast and now it's the end of October already. As usually I want to remember all the happy moments here so that one day it will brighten my days whenever I came back to read this post here.

In first week of October, I managed to finish The Atomic Habit book. It kind of surprising for me because I only read in the bus when going to work. It's a really good book which I planned to review but don't have the time yet. That week also was the first time I met everyone in my team because we had to do swab test. Since we're working alternately from home, we never met each other all at once. We went lunch together few times too at nice places (Read the reviews here). I also met my big boss for the first time too. I already amazed with my supervisor and now I highly respect both of them. They're very talented human beings. And my team too we're made of amazing hardworking people. I can't be grateful enough to be here.

In 2nd week of October was my dad's birthday but I couldn't go home. During this time I was busy with learning new stuffs to accelerate my sales. And the effect of that, I kind of lose focus and my sales went a little bit low. That's a really tough time for me because it's so hard to rise again. I had the thought of giving up because what I did wasn't easy. But I didn't. I took small steps every single day. I started reading a book about cold calling techniques. Ohh, I also read a book about female brain because I wanted to understand myself more. However, my progress in reading was a little bit slow this month.

In the 3rd week, government announced interstate travel was allowed again. Yeay! Of course I went back to my hometown to see my family. I missed them so much. I watched the last 2 episodes of HomeCha with my brother and it took me a while to moved on. We also suddenly went on an impromptu trip to Penang to see the big family. And you know what, the unplanned and unexpected things in life were always the best thing that happened.

I went running by the beach with my brother for the first time in 26 years. It's so nice! The view was so breathtaking so I stopped running in the between to enjoy it. I can see the small island and the two Penang bridges from here. It's the best feeling ever. After that I had breakfast with my family. We ate Nasi Dalca that we brought from the famous stall near my grandmother's house (Read the reviews here). 

After that, my aunties whom I never met since last year came. We had a long time chit chatting with each other and exchanged stories about life. I guessed this was the best part because they shared their experiences and I learned a lot from them. That's when I thought about the gap we usually have between the youngsters and the elders (or maybe it's just me). They too have been where we had been, thus if we closed the gap we can learn so much from each other and that can save us a lot from disasters in life. 

In the afternoon, we went to my another grandmother's house which also I haven't meet in a year plus. Besides keeping up with each other's lives, we went through the old stuffs and reminisced all the good times we have. My grandmother was a sentimental person so she kept many stuffs for memories like the albums with photos from ages ago and we also found the vintage cameras from her time. Before we went back we took photos together as memories.

My aunties treated us for lunch with briyani rice from Restoran Hameediyah. It was sooooo gooddd. I never was a Nasi Kandar fan so maybe that's why Nasi Briyani was good for me. I bought Bubblebee for all of them for desserts (Read the review here too). Before we went back, we stopped by at FamilyMart because my siblings never been there so they wanted to try a lot of things. I was to happy to treat them although they spend a lot at a convenience store. At night, I took bus from Penang to go back since I'd be working on the next day.

At this point my sales still consider low so I had consultation with my supervisor and he asked me to increase my calls and engagement with customers. I did that and I tried to make some calls on weekends although it was so hard to do that on weekends. 

During this weekend, I also felt a little bit lonely being here because being in a place far from city was totally different. My friends and family weren't here and as an adventurous person I had nowhere to go. Before this when living in the city I could go to anywhere my feet brought me. Now it's totally different I don't even know where to explore and everywhere I used to go were far. I hope things would get better soon as it always be, in shaa Allah.

In the last week of October was where miracles happened. The customers I've been followed up with before this suddenly placed orders. The things I'd took time to learn now suddenly gave results. The strategies I learned suddenly worked. It might took some time but it worked now. Alhamdulillah. I managed to perform so well beyond my expectations. 

After closing day, I went back to hometown and spend time with my family to recharge.

Now it's November already, I hope things will go well and even better. I wish in these last 2 months of year 2021, miracles will happen. In sha Allah.

I've grown much too but there's so many areas I still need to improve for myself as a person in career, for my family and future. 

In shaa Allah, He will guide us :)

Till then,

Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment