My Sunway memories - Memorable places

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Besides Sunway, there were other places I used to go explore back then.

  • Subang Parade
This mall has been here since my mom's uni days. As for me, I always went to Subang Parade on weekend because it's less crowded than other malls. They also have restaurants other famous mall usually have. I also often watch late night movies with friends on Wednesdays night because the price was RM or RM9 on that day. When there is Sushi Bonanza I would come here too to avoid crowd. It's not one of my favourite malls but it's a mall that I have memories with. So Subang Parade deserved to be remembered here.
  • Nasi Lemak Opah
Nasi Lemak Opah is one of the famous Nasi Lemak in PJ area because it's cheap and the taste is quite nice. I usually went here with my housemates whenever we craved for it. Not sure how it is now because the last time I went here was in 2018 maybe.
  • Selera Jaya 223
Out of all Nasi Lemak I tried in Klang Valley, this is the very best one! The delicious nasi lemak was served on banana leaf on plate, together with fried chicken and half runny fried egg. Anddd the priceee is RM5.50 only.
  • Subang Jaya Lake
I always went here to jog. The view was so picturesque and it's not so crowded. It's a good place to escape from hectic town.
  • Upstairs cafe
I only went here once with Husna because she liked to eat pancake and this place was famous for having amazing pancake for breakfast. And it's soooo deliciousss. As someone who didn't like pancake, this one was very good. I ate Aglio Olio pasta too which was amazing too. Price was at that time for me quite okay for the quality they served.
  • Food court at the Highway
There's this food near the Highway near road to Sunway Pyramid. I don't know how to describe the location haha. Nina's brother first brought us here when we first started our study here. Later on it became one of the place we used to hang out because the food was cheap and it's nearer to our house. I like the sotong kangkung and tauhu bakar. But the food I often order was the honey chicken wings.

  • The Curve/Ikea
Ikea Damansara was linked to The Curve so technically we will go to those two places together at once. I loved going to Ikea for the experience and the food. I always imagine about my dream home whenever I walked past their showroom. As for the food, it was so good. My favourites were the famous meatball, cinnamon rolls and their RM1 curry puff. Another one that I like was their hotdogs which cost RM2 only. It tasted so much better if you paired it with their mustard sauce.
  • Public transports
My favourite of all favouritessss. I came all the way from Kedah which doesn't have public transportations (as far as I remember there's only buses that nowhere to be found).

I can't remember how I started using public transport but they brought me to so many places. Each train stations I've been too have have link to some of my memories. Each Grab ride always give me something to remember such as good advices or life stories from other people.

The love I had for public transportation made me don't even thought of buying a car. You can ask me anything about public transportation like the routes, timing and I know I can answer it. But it's kinda disappointing because our public transportation still wayyy behind. I know there are people who don't want to buy car because it's expensive but they don't have any other option because of our country is still lacking to provide efficient and accessible public transport to everyone.

Maybe there are other places I should write but I couldn't remember since it's been too long already. Perhaps I'll add more if I suddenly remember. One thing for surely, I will always remember these places deep in my heart ❤

Read more about my life in Sunway during foundation and degree here

Till then,
Adlina Maisarah

No comments:

Post a Comment