Recipe : His new hobby

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

My second brother, Mukhlis has a very special character, distinctive to others (but people are so attracted to him. We always fight each other because...he plays too much games, and me being the strict sister who expects you to study 24/7 will yeah stop him from playing games. However, something weird happens after our last fight. My brother develops interest towards cooking, more into baking. I find it is strange but well it is a good thing, right? I guess he watches cooking tutorials while he is confined from playing games. So yeah, I'm a happy sister now. I think it is almost a month we haven't fight. 

Yesterday, he asked me to assist him to make soft pretzel. I'm not really good in the kitchen and I have never made a pretzel so I'm quite nervous actually. We struggled a bit, but in the end, the pretzels were good for a first timer. So here is the recipe;

Soft pretzel recipe

Ingredients: 
A: 1 packet yeast, 1 1/2 cups of warm water, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp salt
B: 3 tbsp oil, 4 1/2 cups of flour
C: 2/3 cups of baking soda and water
D: egg yolk

Methods:
  1. Mix A together and leave it for 5 minutes.
  2. Mix B together, and add A to B after 5 minutes. 
  3. Mix them well and knead into dough. Rest for 1 hour.
  4. After 1 hour, shape the pretzels.
  5. Boil C together. Dip in the pretzels for 30 secs.
  6. Then place them on tray that has been buttered. 
  7. Brush egg yolk on the surface of pretzels.
  8. Baked at 230 Celsius for 10 - 15 minutes. Best eaten while still hot/
The shape of pretzel. We did the classic shape.
Source: Martha Stewart's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment