My Sunway memories - The Beginning

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Like MRSM Kubang Pasu, Sunway also have a special place in my heart as I lived there for 4 years, living my early-adult life. Therefore, it deserved to be in a special post.

It began when I applied to MARA SPC Program. There were so many universities on the list, and many offered programs to go abroad. Then I saw an offer of the course Bachelor of Science majoring in Medical Bioscience at Sunway College doing foundation for a year, continued with Bachelor's degree program in Monash University Malaysia for 2 years, followed by another 2 years in Monash University Australia. I don't know why when I saw this, I didn't think much and just pick it. My another choice was in local university which was University Nottingham in Semenyih, Negeri Sembilan that offered neuroscience course. Alhamdulillah I got the offer for my first choice. In that year, there was no interview done for this program so I was automatically chosen based on my results. Hence, after SPM I only have about a month left to prepare everything before I registered on January 7th, 2013.

I came to Selangor on 6th January and we stayed at my aunt's house. On the morning of 7th January, we drove from Sungai Buloh to Bandar Sunway. It was on Monday and it was so jammed. It took almost 2 hours for us to arrive there. Abah was already not in the mood because he hated being in jam. 

Upon the arrival, I quickly registered myself at the counter and went to a mini orientation. I get to met a few friends. After that, I went back to my parents and we met my godmother a.k.a. my parents' best friend. She brought us to a cafe located in Sunway Monash Residence (SMR), the place that will be my home for a year. We had a quick lunch together and then my family had to go back to Kedah. It was a very sad moment. We kissed and hugged each other while tears falling from our eyes. My Abah cried too as he was too worried to let me go.

After the drama session, I went back to Sunway College and took a few tests for evaluation. Then I went to the foyer and met other MARA scholars. There were 10 of us and all of us were from MRSM. We were taken to SMR on a van or Vellfire owned by Sunway College (I couldn't remember). After registration for SMR was done, my godmother came and brought me to Sunway Pyramid to buy some stuffs. It was the first time I went to the mall who happened to be my favourite mall until now. We had a quick dinner together and then she sent me back to SMR.

That night, I had an ice breaking session with my housemates. We ate together had chat session. After that, we all went back to our room and get some rest. It was my first night in Selangor, away from my family. When I woke up tomorrow, I will experience a new phase in my life. 'Dear Sunway city, please be kind to me. We will be friends for the next 4 years', my thoughts before I fell asleep.

Read more about my life in Sunway during foundation and degree here

Till then,
Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment