How it all began

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Cooking has been my hobby since I was 18. It is like a therapy for me. I love to cook and try new recipe. Sometimes I do some experiment with the ingredients to see the results. Before I was 18, I never think I will be able to cook someday. My family had a maid for 10 years and she never let me to enter the kitchen. When I was 15, I cried so bad because I'm afraid I can't cook and drive cars (I got my license but I'm still afraid to drive!). 

In 2013, my best friend shared his mom's famous cheesecake recipe with me. He told me to be brave and just give it a try. I was afraid to try at first but if I didn't do it now, I know I will never do it. So i just trust my guts and went on cooking. The cake turned out very good but slightly undercooked. The second time I made it, it has a huge crack. Nevertheless on the third time of trying, the cake turned out to be very good.

After the cake was a success for the first time, I felt more confidence with myself and started cooking. In Sunway, my friends and I cooked together sometimes and we tried weird methods of cooking like using rice cooker or using the microwave.

I felt glad because I tried. If I didn't, I wouldn't know how it had a huge impact on my life. What made it more special was because the cheesecake recipe was from someone very important in my life. I will definitely remember this recipe forever. So I want to put it here for anyone to refer;

Cheesecake Recipe

Ingredients:
For the crust: butter, digestive biscuits.
For the cake: 500 grams cream cheese (I use Philadelphia or Tatura's brand), 1/2 can condensed milk, 2 eggs, vanilla essence.

Methods:
  1. Chop the biscuits finely and mix them with butter. Spread on the cake mould and let it cooled inside the fridge.
  2. Mix cheese and condensed milk, whisk them until there were no lumps.
  3. Add in eggs and vanilla essence. Mix them well.
  4. Pour the mixture into the cake mould an bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree Celcius.
  5. Put the toppings according to your creatity. Suggestion: fresh fruits, blueberry paste, chocolate, oreo.


The third time. Alhamdulillah it was so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment