A nostalgic person

Assalamualaikum & Hi,

There's this one time, I went to Starbucks with my housemate after taraweeh prayers. It was raining at that time, & seeing the rain falling lead me to think about a lot of things. It's like seeing flashbacks of the present, past & future. Lol such a complicated situation. After we went back, I still couldn't sleep as easy as I usually always do.

Had a small conversation with a friend about few adult life things & it made me realize how much we've grown up. I've been feeling nostalgic lately & couldn't stop feeling that way last night. If you Google, a nostalgic person as defined by Merriam Webster was someone who longs for a past time or condition. 

I don't always long for my past, but I always remember them.  I was always attached to memories. There were places that I went, will remind me of all the good & bad memories I've been through, mostly the good ones. Out of people, places & events - I was attached most to memories associated with places.

Let me tell you how it feels to be a nostalgic person. As a person with strong memories, I will always be able to recall everything that happened in my life, big or smalll. Whenever I came across to the places that associated with my memories, especially the strong ones, I couldn't help but having flashbacks of things that happen there. It's like you're sitting & rewatching that moment one more time.

When you went out & saw things that could trigger me then I started to feel nostalgic. Crap, I hate to feel that way. Sometimes I will have so much to say, & all sorts of emotions in my heart but unable to let it go. That's the price I have to pay being a nostalgic person. Sometimes I wished to be like a normal person, not remembering & felt things the way I did. 

I have discovered one way to overcome this thing, which was through writing. It helped a lot especially after I started writing this blog. Despite that, there's still a lot of things I couldn't write openly. Thanks Twitter for existing because I could rant a bit there. There were also things I couldn't write because everytime i hold my pen & paper to write, I went through another breakdown. I wanted to accomplish my writing dream, but that road is just too painful to go through.

But I will learn to deal with it. Because it's a gift to be this kind of person. Just like having superpower, you just have to control it & learn how it can benefit you.

Also, being this way too will remind me during darker days, that I've been through so many things in life, so that memories will help me to survive all the hardships in life.

Either ways both have pros & cons. But when things were hard, just try to look at things in different angle.

To many more feelings, hopefully only good ones.

Till then,

Adlina.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment