Florence Nightingale

Assalamualaikum & Hi,

Just a quick one. While I was working today, I saw one of my customer posted about international nurses' day. She quoted one line from someone that brought me down to my memory lane.

"Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation as any painter's or sculptor's work" - Florence Nightingale

It brought be back to 12 years ago while I was in Form 3 perhaps. I always loved to go to the library, just because I loved to read. I liked to read biographies & it still remained until now. 

So there's one day I grabbed a book about Florence Nightingale's journey in nursing. I don't remember much but I knew she started the modern nursing. A lot of people were against what she's doing but she just keep doing what she wanted to do because she knew it will benefit people.

Her story really inspired me & I was so motivated to be in healthcare line; which at that time of course doctor, but I was so scared to be one because I was one clumsy lady. I was so afraid instead of savings lives, I might kill my patients. Thus, good bye doctor dream! Now here's come the "what ifs" thoughts, "What if I choose to work in hospital?", "What if I'm braver or more focused to achieve my dreams?". While I knew & believed God have greater plans for me, those were just my deep regrets I have in my heart which couldn't be undone. Florence Nightingale went through a lot to make modern nursing the way it is now when it seemed impossible, but her courage saved so many lives. So if you have big scary dreams, go for it okay?

Perhaps God knew what I felt in my heart, thus he brought me back to healthcare line, where I got to learn about medicine & diseases; which did involved treating people indirectly. I really loved what I'm doing now & enjoyed it anyway. I loved my doctors, purchasers, nurses & all my clients. It's just a memory that came out of us celebrating international nurses' day made me thought about tweaking the past.

Anyway, Florence Nightingale's story is so inspiring that you should read it! To all nurses, thank you for helping & caring for patients. Without you, lives might couldn't be saved. Thank you for sacrificing your time & energy to treat us.

Happy International Nurses' day!

“Never give nor take an excuse.”
“Ignite the mind’s spark to rise the sun in you.”
“There is no part of my life, upon which I can look back without pain
- Florence Nightingale 

Till then,

Adlina 

No comments:

Post a Comment