2022: April & Ramadhan

Assalamualaikum & Hi,

This year flew by so fast, suddenly now we're in Ramadhan & 2nd quarter already. April means the beginning of the quarter two & Ramadhan is my favourite month in the Islamic year.

I still remember the easiest phase of Ramadhan was back in MRSM. Back then, attending morning classes, prep class, studying, staying up until 2 3am, finish 30 juz Al Quran, performing prayers together as well as doing tahajud prayers were so easy.

Those days I thought it was hard too but I still can do it without fail. But over the years, everything seems tougher than ever. Perhaps I was older & lack of energy to do so, or I was easily distracted these days. Juggling with daily life, work & doing everything extra on Ramadhan were hard to endure. My favourite Ramadhan memories happened back in 2019 (Read here).

Ramadhan is divided by 3 phases every 10 days; 1) Mercy of Allah (Rahmah), 2) Forgiveness (Maghfirah) & Freedom of Hellfire. So let's recap this Ramadhan by each 10 days.

Phase 1 (First 10 days)

Few days before Ramadan, I went to emotional breakdown because the last 2 years of Ramadan before I spend with family. So I kinda miss them a lot. But still, the first 10 days were the most exciting phase. I already planned what to do, where to go for breaking fast & do terawih. I woke up so early everyday & managed to complete whatever I wanted to do & slept right after terawih. I went to surau at my house, break fast & have terawih there. I will stay there from Maghrib until Isyak. On the 4th day, I have an extreme dehydration, so I bought Shaklee Performance Drink to stay dehydrated, alhamdulillah it worked well. On the first weekend I stayed at home & finished writing some of the posts in my blog. Also it was the first time I went to Masjid Wilayah. & on this week also I got the red flag so my pace started to slow down from here. I read a book, but it's quite heavy so I haven't finish it yet until now. I bought a new telekung that I always dream of to wear & bought one for my Mama too. A friend of mine & I had a conversation about doa, & it made me realized we have to keep praying & give our best efforts but Allah will answer our prayers with what He knows best.

Phase 2 (mid 10 days)

I finally went back to celebrate Ramadan with my family for a few days. Bought a new spectacles, celebrated Mahirah's birthday & took the ETS back to KL. I was so happy to spend time with my family, especially breaking fast together. I bought telekung Siti Khadijah for my Mama as a surprise & she was so extremely happyyy!  & I finally found my pace back in work. I made new spectacles because the old one already broken. When I wanted to go back to KL, I was dramatic as usual. I finally bought caryacosmetic's multipurpose makeup pallette & it's so gooodd. Finally went to office again & the jam was soooo terrible.

Phase 3 (Last 10 days)

The last phase was the most awaited by all Muslims as it's where the night of Laylatul Qadr happened (click here to know more).

Last 10 days of Ramadan was all about waking up at 3 4am for masjid hopping (inspired by Hlovate in novel Contengan Jalanan), clock in for work at 8am, rushing everywhere & also striving to achieve both Ramadan goals & work KPI. 

I went to the mosque every night & slept there few times. Had sahur & night prayers together with the communities there. It was such a meaningful moment ever. On my last night efore I went back to my hometown, I played fireworks together with the residents.  Then I stopped by at Masjid KLCC alone for night prayers where all these chasing for Ramadan started. It was so nostalgic that it made me cried whole night. I stayed with Tuwa & Alizul at their house before we went home for eid.

We continued to celebrate Ramadan until the last day, which happened to come a day earlier without all of knowing. & that's how Ramadan left us.

This year, Ramadan is definitely super tiring & have given me terrible eyebags, but it's something fulfilling & I will always treasure these moments in Ramadan 🤍

May Allah accept everything we do for Him & give us the very best that we deserve 😊

The mosque I've been to:

- Masjid Wilayah KL with Nasuha : the most beautiful mosque I've ever seen so far, feeling mcm kt Mekah wlupun belum pernah sampai sana.

- Masjid Al Hasanah/Masjid Hijau Bangi with my housemate for qiam

- Masjid KLCC alone on the 25th Ramadan : went from Bangi to this Masjid by Grab after work bcus I really wanted to go there at least once in Ramadan

- Masjid Sg Laka in Changlun with the family.

- Masjid UUM Sintok in last 2 days of Ramadan & Hari Raya prayer.

- Surau at the residence I'm living in: spend most of my Ramadan here for breaking fast & terawih

Never thought Ramadhan will pass by this fast. It was so hard to catch up with our goals, work, & to do more ibadah in Ramadhan. 

May Allah count each every deed we're doing sincerely. May we will meet Lailatul Qadr & gain all the blessings from Allah. May all the prayers you silently prayed & all the wishes you have in our heart will be granted by Him. Most of all may we will be rewarded the highest level of Jannah.

Aminn..

Till then,

Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment