2022: May & Syawal

Assalamualaikum & Hi,

Can you believe it's finally June, halfway through the year already? Time flew so so so fast that I couldn't catch up anymore, but I still want to write here to remember what happened last May.

1st May was a public holiday & everybody was relaxing before eid. But there were rumors eid will come earlier 1 day. Abah said it wasn't true, while I always believe viral thing can be true too. Mama heard Ustaz gave talk that it might eid on 2nd May, so she asked all of us to clean the house & prepare to cook rendang & ketupat. 

When the announcement was made that night, it was confirmed will be eid on 2nd. Everybody was panicking & it was a chaotic moments all over Malaysia. Luckily we had made the rendang, so we only left cleaning the house & ironing the clothes. My brother & I slept at 3am to do the housechores.

The day after on 1st Syawal, everybody act like usual, still energetic. We went for prayers at the mosque, celebrated eid at home first; asking forgiveness, giving duit raya & taking pictures together.

Then in the evening we went to Penang tk visit my relatives & meeting Uncle Zain. We took pictures together by the beach like we had done every single year (except during covid years).

On 2nd day, we went to visit my grandfathers' graves, visit my grandmother's friends, & then went to mall with the siblings. I bought the expensive strawberries because I was craving for it.

The next day, Mak Long & her family came to visit us. We had lunch at IKEA before going back to Kedah. On our way, we stopped by at Abah's friend's house for a while. We had some rest on raya day 4. 

Raya day 5; brought the whole siblings to the cinema to watch Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. It was such a good but scary movie at the same time! The next day, we went to a kenduri & then my uncle came to visit us. He gave duit raya for me because I was still single, & that's the only duit raya I received this year.

Raya day 7: bought a plant as a gift to Mama for mother's day. & the hardest goodbye came after almost 2 weeks staying at home & taking 1 week of leave to spend time with them.

Onn 10th May I got my new car &  a lot of things happen to it (let's save this for another post).

Went to the office, read books as usual. During the weekend, I went to my sister's place & we went to a lot of open houses. The traffic was so bad all over KL & Selangor! Oh that week also, I ran few kms 3 days in a row.

On the following weekend, I took a leave on Friday because Mirza & Madihah came to KL. We had soooo muchhh funnnn!

- 1st night - they rushed to KL from Bangi after work & we strolled around Putrajaya together.

- 2nd day- went to Sukiya after work but the queue was super long so we went for quick dinner & ended up exploring KL city centre which was so much nicerr! First time trying the beam scooter & I walked 6000 steps that night. 

On Friday, Mirza drove my car back, & we went to Ipoh for a while to eat nasi ganja. 

21st May - My birthday. Had breakfast with my parents & the girls. Mama bought few flowers to plant as gifts for my birthday. & the night before I went back to KL, we went to Ayaq Kopi for dinner.

The next weekend, I still go back to Kedah & finished puasa 6! Had few driving sessions with Mirza, watched Abah played football, went to mosque every night with Abah & Muadz, & had 1 hour conversation with my Mama about life.

Went back on 29th, arrived on 30th, straight went to the office, had meetings, arrange new tables, finalized everything in May & finally ready for June. 

As for work, April & May were the toughest. Even I was going back to hometown in between work, I still do my best to achieve the best for work. & the results were alhamdulillah good. I felt so glad I managed to survive the hardest moments of the year.

I ended my May by finished two books from Rupi Kaur; Milk & Honey and The Sun & Her Flowers.

May was mostly going back & forth to Kedah. It made my father so overly attached to me that he wanted me to move back. But I just can't yet, because despite being alone, I still love the life I build here & happy with the work I have. Maybe one day I'll move back, but this adventurous girl still have a lot of things she wanted to see first. Being in the city, & going back to my family seems to be the life I'm happy with at the moment.

Till then,

Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment