To my dear sister, Adlina Masturah

Assalamualaikum & Hi,

Hey Sister, this post is specifically written for you. Not sure when you'll read this, maybe before you become a wife or after that. One thing for sure you'll definitely cry whenever you read this (because I teared up writing this). 

Remember when you were born, there were only two of us & we were besties, doing everything together, & became Abah's favourite daughters. Then Adik came, and we became trio siblings. We played, went to school, ride the car, ate & slept together. If we looked back at the album, it's always the three of us together. I always asked you to treat me at school & share food with me because you were kind to share hahaha. You also loved to listen to the stories I made & remembered them up until now. 

We grew a little bit distance when I went to boarding school. At that time there's already seven of us. When I went to KL for study we grew apart a little further. It's my fault for being busy all the time. Many times we fought with each other but the biggest one was I don't remember what but I did throw your laptop (on the mattress) & we don't talk for a year. But in the end I surrender & made up with because I know that really hurt our parents. And I'm really glad we made it up because after that we experience a lot of amazing things together.

Along the way I learned how much you adored me. That you looked highly at your weird annoying sister for being independent, work hard, never caused trouble to our parents & giving back to our family. Little did I know, you followed my footsteps. We planned vacations together, treat our family a lot of things & survived on our own. We made our parents experienced everything they never had before since they had us. And you became my partner in crime to make everyone happy. I really hope we will continue this even after you got married, or even all of us get married.

Most of all, I hope you always know I am so so proud of youuuu!
For graduating a course you never wanted to enroll in before.
For making Abah proud of becoming a soldier.
For making Mama happy by pursuing Masters while working.
For being one of the top salesperson & become a trainer at the same time.
For ensuring I took that leap of faith to change career in telesales & taught me how to close deals.
For setting many good examples to our siblings.
For always having faith no matter how hard life is for you.
And for many more amazing things you did in your life.

When you become a wife,
We will be sharing you with your husband & his family, but I hope we won't lose you but have another brother.
Despite how stubborn you are, listen & respect your husband okay? Your heaven lies under his feet now.
Love both families equally, & treat them like your own family.
Marriage won't make life any easier, but it will make you learn to tolerate in this life.
Remember marriage is ibadah, so gain as many pahala as you can from it.
Our partner is not our source happiness, but you'll be sharing your happiness together.
Whatever happens, always be patience & remember how much you love each other before, now & always.

I still remember you said you will cry on my wedding day, but here I am, crying on your wedding day instead (doakan my turn nexttt). It's okay, life in not a competition, except for us competing with our own self to become a better person. Many people in life compete with their own family on money, status, children & many more. I always pray hard & hope we won't and we'll never do that. We'll always shine in our own lives & stories. We should be guiding & helping each other instead. Because one thing for sure, Mama & Abah raise us right, which is family & love always come first. 

Our main goal in life is to always be happy, with everything that we have even the littlest ones. Also to reach for His blessings & the highest level in Jannah. 

I know you will survive & be happy in this life just like you always do. You are a wonderful, hardworking & determined person, forever & always. 

I might not be the best sister you ever had, but I hope you know that I will be the only favourite sister you have. No matter how terrible we fight, or how many times I said I hate you, deep in the bottom of my heart,

I really really love you (did I just said that? Haha)

Happy wedding day, Adlina Masturah! May Allah blessed your marriage forever until Jannah :)

Will always be your one & only fav Kakak


The best night we had together

Till then,

Adlina Maisarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment