Dear Bestie

Assalamualaikum & Hi,

I always told myself I will never buy a car because I was so very afraid to drive & car was very costly to keep by the way so it's the last thing on my wish list.

One fine day around December last year, I just decided to buy a car - now I really couldn't remember why but maybe it's because the place I was staying at now was very far for me to move around. So I decided maybe it's time I should drive anyway. Then I started to browse every car that I might wanted to buy. I was shockedddd to see the price of a car was very very expensive. I thought it was just like around RM20-30k only. Well, I was definitely wrong.

Initially I wanted Proton Saga, but my parents have been using Proton car all their life before this so they said noooo. So I listened to them because I wanted their blessings. Then, I still search & search - after endless searching & comparing process, I thought Perodua cars were quite nice. So I narrowed down my choices to - Axia & Myvi. I wanted cheaper car so I opted for Axia. My parents were okay with it but I could feel they were not like 100% agree because the car technology was back in 2019. The one who was against me the most was my boss. He was like no no you deserved at least a Myvi blablabla. But I was so determined to buy an Axia so I just proceeded with it.

On the loan signing day, I confirmed with the salesman "is it today? Do I need to bring anything? Does it take a long time? Will you come with me?" because it was a habit of mine to confirm things a day before it happened. He was like "yeahh, no need to bring anything but yourself. it will take very very short time. & you'll be going alone". 

The next day, I was so nervous, I wore baju kurung that day & went to the office. Around 8am, I went to the bank. There was quite a lot of people but the line was moving. After about almost an hour of waiting, it was my turn. The officer looked for my loan signing form. And...it was not there. I panicked, almost out of my breath. Then I called my salesman & said my form was not there. He said he'd checked back & confirmed with me. It turned out the person who's supposed to bring the form got Covid, so my form was still at another branch. & guess what's the solution the salesman gave me? It's either I came here another day or went to that branch. I was so mad at him because it was his mistake not to confirm with the bank first when I already asked him before. As soon as I cooled down, I called him back & I said I wanted to cancel because I was disappointed with his attitude.

I took a Grab to go back to the office & the car I rode was very nice - & it was Honda Civic. I was still so mad at that time so I said to myself I'd buy this car instead. Then I Google the price & it was bloody expensive! So I said goodbye to that dream car. When I arrived at the office, I told my colleagues what happened & everybody said to me they thought I should buy a Myvi  but they were scared to tell me because I was determined to buy the Axia. My boss who was against me with Axia, also laughed at me & thought I was cursed by his words. When I told my family, they said the same thing like everyone else, maybe Myvi was meant for me.

I prayed to Allah if this the best for me, please ease everything for me. I contacted another salesman who handled my sister's car purchase. A few weeks later he called me to sign the loan. I took a day off & went to sign the loan at Jalan Masjid India & the process was very smooth. The salesman also came with me that day. He told me the waiting time should be around 3 - 5 months. But, to my surprise, a month later he said the car already came. I was so speechless. So in May, I got my car, alhamdullillah.

Unfortunately, I was still scared of driving. I tried,  I wasn't scared anymore & it was fine but I was not good at it, especially on reversing. So I had an accident on the 6th day when I scratched the door & it dented a bit. Therefore we had to take the car back to repair it. Luckily there's the car insurance so I don't need to take out money. 

My parents took care of the car & my dad drove it to the mosque every night. Sometimes when I went back to Kedah, I still drive the car (when I had the courage). The car was still there & my brother will be starting work soon so I suggested he should use my car first, because he needed it more than me.

When I look back, the car was a gift from Allah to me & everyone else. I might not be the one driving it, at least not for now, but it was what everyone else needed. Love you dear Bestie! (I named it Bestie cus she's everyone's bestie)

The thing about destiny & fate - no matter how we planned it, if it's meant to be it will definitely happen easily. That's why I've been telling myself now in all aspects in life - & to my surprise I am always at ease. Alhamdulilllah 🥰

To everyone reading this, please pray that one day, soon, I can drive everywhere I want to go - safely & brilliantly.

Till then,

Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment