My Sunway memories - The Sunway City

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Back to my Sunway series stuffs (lol this is not a TV show sis haha). Sunway is one the places that have many memories I will always remember thus this city deserved a separate post from me.
  • Sunway Pyramid
What is Sunway without the heart of the city, one of my favourite malls in Malaysia - the Sunway Pyramid. 

If I didn't have any class or anything to do at university, you definitely could find me here. It's like my second home already. I usually came here with friends or even alone. My favourite thing to do here of course food hunting! When I first came to Selangor, at that time there's not so many franchise restaurants in Kedah yet. So coming here means I want to try everything. Among the things I loved to eat during earlier days were The Kenny Roger's Roasters. Then over the years followed by Sushi King, DubuYo & many more. There were times during degree years, I often went to Sunway Pyramid with Husna, Along & Nina. We finished our assignments & studied there  till late night. I remembered it will always be The Coffee Bean or McDonalds.

I only went to ice skating once, using student rate which was RM10 at that time. I had fun but I remembered I fell more times that I actually skate. I loved to sit at the pavilion or stairs (don't know what it's called) in between Sunway Pyramid & Sunway Lagoon to see the nice views. What more I loved about this place? Popular bookstore! I always went there whenever I craved to touch books. Sometimes I also sat down & read before deciding to buy. Most of the times I didn't because I was a broke student. But I will buy whenever I have book vouchers given by the government. Ah, another thing I loved doing was going to Aeon & bought clothes on discounts. I loved the bread at Aeon too! I still remember there was time I wanted to buy bread but allowance money was not transfered yet so I just waved good bye to the delicious fluffy bread. I always went to watch movies at the cinema early mornings because the price was just RM7 back then. Whenever blockbuster movies came out I'll be the first one to watch. If nobody wanted to go I usually went alone.

This mall really has a special place in my heart; bought my first pair of shoes with my own money here, gathered with my family & friends here and graduated here also. Every corner of Sunway Pyramid had a piece of my memories.

It's been almost 3 years I haven't been there. And I don't think I should go at the moment because the memories there were too strong for me to build new memories because I always reminisce the old good times whenever I went there. Never mind, my favourite mall now is KLCC hahaha.
  • Shuttle bus
In Sunway, there was a shuttle bus that will cover some places in Sunway. I couldn't remember all location but it covered Sunway Pyramid, Sunway University and Monash University which I always went. 

I remembered I usually took this bus after classes back in my Foundation year. At that time I lived in Sunway Monash Residence located in Monash University. So I will wait at the bus stop in front of Sunway College and the bus will send us back home.

Sometimes when I wanted to go to Sunway Pyramid on weekends I will use this Shuttle bus too. There's one time I throw something at the bus because they left me when it didn't stop to pick me when I waited already for almost half an hour.

  • Canopy walk
Besides the shuttle bus, there are other ways to travel in Sunway. It's the Canopy walk which connected to same places that the shuttle bus travelled. My first option to go to college or Sunway Pyramid was always Canopy walk if I have the energy to walk or gave up waiting for the bus. The walk was very long, I don't know how long but very long lah. But when you usually walked there you will know it's not that long. And you can enjoy the Sunway view especially when you passed by the Sunway Lagoon.

Even on this canopy walk, I have so many memories. One of them was, there's this one night I went to Sunway Pyramid my friends during foundation year. It was so late and we're so tired. So we decided to wait for the shuttle bus. After waiting for 1 hour, the bus still didn't come. In the end, we decided to walk through the canopy walk which took only 15 minutes for us to arrive home which we might arrived earlier if we walk at first. 
  • Sunway Lagoon 
Sunway Lagoon is one of the top places to visit in Malaysia, but I only went there on my final year of study. There's one time we went to Sunway Putra Mall and there's a booth promoting Sunway Lagoon. They have package for unlimited access to Sunway Lagoon for the price RM150/6 months or RM200/year. The difference was just RM50 but since we're finishing our studies in less than a year, and we're students which technically means we're also broke, we decided to take the 6 months package only. 

ANDDDDD it was the best decision ever! Why no one told me Sunway Lagoon was so nice?! It's sad that I only went there in my final year. If I discovered the package earlier, I probably will went there like everyday. The ticket itself costed RM100++ so if you bought the package and went twice, it's nice already. But I went there, 6 TIMES! Hahahaha. Twice with friends, twice alone just because I wanted to ride the roller coaster and another two times I couldn't remember. 

My favourites were (so hard to describe, I went to the website to find the names) the Vuvuezela, the Spongebob Monsoon 360, the flying fox, the pirate ship, the roller coaster ride & the ferris wheel.

Hopefully one day I can bring my family here like I used to promise before.

Thank you Sunway for being a part of me for 4 years :)

Read more about my life in Sunway during foundation and degree here

Till then,
Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment