2022: The long March stories

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

It's March alreadyyyy! 2022 definitely flew faster than we thought. I couldn't barely breathe because there's a lot of things going on. 

Let's start with the first week. I didn't go back to my hometown because there was rising in Covid cases.

WEEK 1: I took a day off on Friday because my lovely cute Mama came to KL. & she surprised us by bringing Muadz. We visited my fairy godmother, Aunty Nija & her family. May Allah keep you & your family safe, my dragon godmother. In the evening we accompanied the newlyweds to pickup their new car. It was a good day with unplanned events, but it's definitely one of the best days in my life 😊 

Spend my Saturday following my Mama to her college reunion. Felt sentimental seeing how they've been friends since they're 18 and now already 50++. & of course I become Mama's personal photographer hahaha. Made friends with her friends too ❤️ I love being friends with older people because got many advices!

I ended my Saturday spending my time with family at KLCC. The view at night was so beautiful so we decided to have a graduation photoshoot with the newlyweds since we can't attend their convocation day. It was a very tiring day where I felt why I always make myself tired like this but it's fun to be productive so I'll do it again the following day & also every week. On a side note I really wish the whole family can come here. 

The next morning, I brought them to Kfry for the first time! We went to Cold Storage KLCC and found the best healthiest ice cream I've ever ate. Had quick lunch with Mak Long and fam at my fav sushi place, Nippon Sushi before sending them home at KL Sentral to take the ETS & me going back to my home too.

WEEK 2: I went back to Kedah with the newlyweds. We had a day trip to Penang to surprise Mukhlis for his 19th birthday & also took a family photo for the Tuwa & Alizul's convocation day since 4 of us couldn't attend their big day. Quick trip to Queensbay to eat the famous chili pan mee, visited my grandmother (also kidnapped her to follow us back) & went home to Kedah again. Then I went back to KL already. Adlina Maisarah & rushing weekends were very inseparable. Both work & life are demanding but squeezing time for them in between is always the right thing to do 😁

WEEK 3: Mama came to KL again for work but this time she brought Mahirah. I went to the hotel she's staying at after coming back from office by train. Stayed with her for the rest of the week while work from hotel. Treated them with so many good good as Mahirah had so very long list of food she wanted to try. After sending them at the airport on Friday, I went back to the newlyweds' home. Planned to stay until night only but ended up being there the whole weekend. I went home on Sunday by train.

WEEK 4: Suddenly got Covid out of nowhere (but I was always on the move so maybe got infected from the places I went). The symptoms started with my throat felt itchy like there's something inside, followed by on off fever & then only just sore throat. 

Post covid effect; easily felt very tired, sometimes felt a little bit out of breath & hungryyy like I want teh ais or apple juice all the time. I was always busy going somewhere on every weekend since January so being still at home for 1 week not meeting anyone & staying in the room really made me felt a little bit suffocating. Luckily I was still able to work from home so it kept me occupied from being bored & overthinking. Maybe Allah wanted me to rest a little, spend some time with Him, have some self reflection on myself & read more instead of going out a lot hehe (finished 1 & half book). Alhamdulillah it's all good now, fully recovered. May Allah protect all of us from harmful diseases & keep us in good health :)

This week also, I found out about something that kind of broke me apart. Had a tough time recovering both Covid & healing. Nevertheless I was so so proud of myself to always trusting my guts & knew my worth

WEEK 5: After all that happened, I needed an escape. Texted Husna on Monday & she said let's go for staycation. We booked hotel on Tuesday, and check-in on Thursday. Took a day off on Thursday and staycation for 1 day.

Before meeting Husna, I went to Jalan Masjid India to finally signed my car loan. While waiting for the car dealer to come, I changed my old debit card & ended up restructuring my ASBF too. Good deal by the way because now the interest rate were lower.

Then took Grab to meet Husna at the hotel. The experience deserved to be written on another post.

On Friday of 1st April, I had 3 hours online meetings in the morning. We checked out during lunch, continue working at cafes in KLCC & spend time roaming around KLCC. After dinner, we watched the water fountain at the lake & this time they had nice musical show. My heart melted when they played My Heart Will Go On. We departed after that. Since it's late I went to my sister's home instead of mine. The day after she brought me to her friend's restaurant. We ate the best Nasi Kerabu ever! Then the newlyweds send me home.

At night, we welcome Ramadhan for this year. After 2 years of celebrating one whole month of Ramadhan at Kedah in 2020 & 2021, this year will be the first time being away from my family again. Alhamdulillah still can perform tarawih prayers with the residents here. I know I'll be fine either way but I did cried a bit because I miss the moments with my family. 

May everything in Ramadhan this year will be eased & blessed.

May all the prayers we wished for will be granted. I have a lot of wishes but the biggest one would be to find & settle down with the right person this year. To anyone reading this, please pray this one will come true. Aminn.

As for Ramadhan goals, I have series of mini goals I wanted to complete on weekly basis.

To the best Ramadhan ever!

Till then,

Adlina 

No comments:

Post a Comment