Books : The Let Go theme

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Last year I went through times because I have to let go one of the person I trusted and loved most. Things didn't happen the way we wanted. I have to let go everything. It was hard. Definitely hard. My family and friends give a lot of advices. I took some time being alone. I started reading again. And there are few books I read help me with letting go. That's what I want to share today.

Reclaim Your Heart (to understand and put your whole trust in God)

I borrowed this book from my Aunty since 2018 but on 2020 only I start reading back until the end. I really like this book. Yasmin Mogahed wrote about how to trust God completely, give your heart to Him and let Him do the rest.

One of my favourite analogy that she stated:

We're like a child playing with scissors. It is dangerous for us, but we didn't know it. Our parents, who loved us dearly, took it from us to keep us safe. We might know why so we keep crying, but actually by taking away that scissor, our parents saved us from greater pain. That's what God who created us treat us too. He knows everything that will happened to us. Thus whatever He take from us now is because He wanted the best for us.

If you are having tough times in life and feel like you can't hold on, this book is a book that will make you believe Allah knows besr for you and all you have to do is trust him.



The Art of Letting God (to learn to forgive everyone especially yourself and surrender everything to God)

The first from the book series by Ustaz Mizi Wahid.
Just like Reclaim your Heart this book too highlighted how His plan are always better than ours, what He has in store for us is wayy beyond our imagination.

We have to let go, forgive and move on in order for Him to open other doors for us. Just trust Him and the rest will follow.

From Imanshoppe




This is Me Letting you Go (I swear this is the saddest book I ever read, so so so much crying involved)

If you're losing someone you love, in any possible ways, this one is for you. I read this when I had my breakup, when my heart was crushed and it is something I can relate too.

This is a must read if you're letting go.


Letters to God (a unique one because the author write stories in form of letters to God)

It was story about a girl studying abroad and she writes her diary in the form of letters to God. It's like she's speaking to Him through letters telling about her life. I really think it's so interesting so I started doing one too. Truthfully it feels so good and calm as we are being close to the Owner of our lives.

I highlighted this book because it taught me when you have no one else to talk to, you still have God, for you to pour all the feelings you have. And that's one of the way for you to fall in love with Him all over again. When that happens, you will know that He knows best for you more than anyone else.



Till then,
Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment