Good bye city life

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

Last time I wrote I got a job offer from Company H here. However the company is located very far from the place I used to be. So I have to move out again. This time it's quite hard because it's during Covid.

After I arrived in Selangor on 21st, I went to my client's office and my company to return all their belongings. During the journey to the offices, I saw the roads I used to take, the malls I used to go and argh it kind of break my heart a little bit. I haven't been here for 8 months and when I came back, I was about to leave I again. I didn't have time to say good bye.

On 22nd I went to get my first jab and rest at home. I spend time with my sister and housemates before moving out on Sunday. Since it's Covid now, the only option I have was to use Lalamove service. I took a small van from the city to my new place and it costed around RM130. I think that's quite a good price since it includes carrying my stuffs too.

While I was in the van, the driver passed through all the places I used to go. When I saw my all time favourite place, Sunway, tears started running down my cheeks. I can't help myself from not being emotional. This is the place I've been growing up since I was 18. There's too much memories with everyone here, and they're only good memories only. And I guess that's why it's hard for me to let go this place (my friend Husna also feel the same too, so it's normal hehe).

I still remember there's a day in 2020 when I was too heartbroken and everything in the city felt so overwhelming, I prayed to God while looking at the city through the window;

"Dear God, this city now feels too overwhelming and painful to me. Please bring me to somewhere more peaceful and calm. I want to start over there."

And then boom! Almost a year later my prayers were answered in a way I didn't expect. I was begging to leave then I was the one crying badly because I was too attached to the city hahaha.

Anyway, I just want to highlight how much I love the city. I love the public transport. I love the sound of the train. I love how I can see the city from the train. I love to travel everywhere by train. Actually I love everything about the train except that it's packed in the morning. I love walking alone in the crowd. I love discover new places with my friends. I love to food hunting. I love waking up early in the morning on weekend to go out. I love going to cinema alone and with others. I love staring at the big buildings. Now I love all the bookstores too! I love having conversations with my friends while we're exploring places. We used to sit at restaurants for hours talking to each other. I love Masjid hopping in Ramadhan. I love to look at people everywhere. I love the malls. I love how we always go to different malls every weekend for window shopping but actually we're just walking around and talk about random stuffs. I love how we know every inch of the mall and how each mall is very special. 

If it's not in pandemic, I'm sure I already took the train after work to the city and explore places with my loved ones. I feel so glad I always take the chance to do whatever I want before even when I was so tired or don't feel like doing anything. 

Because it's different now, it's far more dangerous there and I don't know when I can go there. Many places are closing down too. We don't know when this pandemic will end since it's like neverending. Maybe that's why it feels so different. 

I was attached to these places because of good memories I have. I guess the best way to detach is to build more beautiful memories at other places. But this Covid thing ruined everything so for now let's just survive first. 

So my dear city, good bye. Thank you for all these beautiful years. I will miss you dearly. I'm glad I spend my youth there and learned a lot. Maybe one day I will come back or maybe not. But you're always have a special place in my heart. Very very special one ❤️

Ps: Hopefully my hijrah to another place will be the beautiful start of new beginnings. Aminn. 

Ice skating in Sunway Pyramid

Tarawih in Lembaga Tabung Haji

Masjid KLCC

The sky in Kelana Jaya

Kelana Jaya's view from my office

Early morning in KL Sentral

The forever always busy KL Sentral. Not sure how is it now. 

The walkway I used to take to office

The view taken from LRT Kelana Jaya station

The road to Sunway

Good bye my favourite place

Till then, 

Adlina

No comments:

Post a Comment